Owing to the current surge in the COVID-19 pandemic, meeting safety will be assessed monthly. At this time, the February gatherings on the 19th and 21st, respectively, are still in place.
The 2022 Commemorative Calendars are now available!
The new calendars showcase the Town of Byron 175th anniversary year with photos from the celebration, The 175th on 175, held in August. Over 130 photographs and notes, as well as the traditional addition of news stories from 100 years ago. Calendars are $10 each.
At the Town of Byron Town Hall (N3097 Highway 175, Byron WI 53006):
1) At our next open house, Sat, Feb 19, between 9:00a and noon.
2) At our next BHS meeting Mon, Feb 21, at 7:00p.
3) By appointment by calling 920 922 5351.
By mail: Download the order form and complete the entire transaction remotely. Calendar Order Form 2022
At these retail establishments:
• National Exchange Bank and Trust, 505 Main Street, Brownsville, open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday
• Blueprint Solutions, 78 North Main Street, Fond du Lac, open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 8 a.m. to noon Friday
• Kelley Country Creamery, W5215 County Road B, Fond du Lac, open Wednesday – Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. until December 31 and reopening in March, 2022
• Guido’s Spirits and Sandwich Co., N3041 Highway 175 Byron, open 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. 11:00 to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday
Email: [email protected] Call: 920 922 5351 or 920 960 4591
Get Involved! BHS has lots of fun activities for all our friends and members.
Become a new member or renew your membership – Annual dues per person are $10 or $25 per family. Lifetime membership is $200. BHS Membership Form.
Gather oral history – The African proverb reminds us that when someone dies, a library has burned because his/her story is lost. We want to preserve the stories of our people through interviews. Please consider volunteering to meet with a member of our community to hear and record his/her stories. BHS will provide guidelines and a tape recorder. Contact us for more details.
Give a talk – If you live in the Town of Byron or you have lived in the Town of Byron, your history is Byron history. Consider sharing some reflections from your life. How you made a living. Military service. Childhood memories. Travels. Hobbies. Special events. Guests speakers at our monthly meetings are popular. Thank you for considering becoming one of them.
Town of Byron Authors
Phil Bird has published his letters and memories of his time in military service in Vietnam. Phil and his wife, LuAnn, have donated a copy of this book to Byron Historical Society. We are thrilled to add this amazing memoir to our collection! Thank you, Phil and LuAnn!
Nancy More has co-authored a memoir about her career in the sales and marketing of products for heart surgery. A copy of this publication has also been donated to BHS.